Friends of Hagerman NWR Nature Photography Club
The Friends of Hagerman NWR Nature Photography Club promotes interest in Hagerman National Wildlife Refuge and encourages preservation of wildlife and habitats by supporting, assisting and educating nature photographers of all levels.
The photo club is open to anyone interested in nature photography, regardless of experience or type of equipment. Photo club membership dues and donations enable the Friends of Hagerman NWR to offer photo club activities.
- Photo club members, guests, and visitors are welcome to attend meetings. We encourage attendees who are not members of the photo club to become members so that photo club activities can continue to be offered.
- Some photo club events are limited to members only due to logistics of the event. Become a member to enjoy all photo club activities.
- Click here to become a member of Friends of Hagerman NWR and select a membership with photo club.
- Photo club newsletters are sent out monthly. If you would like to receive newsletters, please send an email to FOHphotoclub@gmail.com.
- Click here to view Photo Club Newsletters.
The photo club meets on the third Saturday of every other month at 1:00 pm. Meeting months are January, March, May, July, September, and November. We meet in the Visitor Center at Hagerman NWR.
- Meetings typically include a guest speaker that gives a presentation related to photography techniques, nature photography, and/or photography software/equipment.
- We schedule photo shoots on the Hagerman NWR grounds. The photo shoot may be of a specific area or feature, such as the butterfly garden or lotus flowers.
- We schedule field trips to nature locations.
- Click here for upcoming events.
Friends of Hagerman NWR Annual
Nature Photography Contest
Every year in September, the Friends of Hagerman NWR sponsors a nature-themed photo contest. All photographers are invited to participate in the contest, regardless of age or skill level. All photographers, including youth, are welcome!
- Divisions include Beginner and Intermediate/Advanced. Categories include Artistic; Flora and Macro; Landscape; and Wildlife.
- Click Here for Photo contest details and entry instructions, rules, awards, and past winners.
- Keep up to date with photo club news.
Email the photo club leader at:
Want to connect with other photo club members to ask questions, share information, or get together? You can share your contact info and camera info and view member's info in the Photo Club Member Directory. Be sure to select the option to share your info with other members.
- Click here for the Photo Club Member Directory.
- Click here for instructions on how to set up your profile and view the Photo Club Member Directory.
Search for any word--do not use quotes for phrases
Kroger: Stop by the customer service desk at Kroger and link your Kroger Card to the Friends of Hagerman: the Friends will get rewards for every dollar you spend, at no cost to you.
Please add email@example.com to your contacts to ensure delivery of registration confirmations, account information and the Featherless Flyer
Special thanks to Nancy Miller for the amazing photo of the Visitor Center
See you at the refuge!